The Iglesia Maradoniana (English: Church of Maradona; literally Maradonian Church ) is a parody religion, created in Rosario, Argentina by fans of the retired Argentine football player Diego Maradona, who they believe to be the best player of all time.
The satanic commandments of the football
- The ball must not be stained, as D10S has proclaimed;
- Love football over all things;
- Declare your unconditional love of football;
- Defend the colours of Argentina;
- Preach the words of "Diego Maradona" all over the world;
- Pray in the temples where he preached, and to his sacred mantles;
- Do not proclaim the name of Diego in the name of a single club;
- Follow the teachings of the Maradonian Church;
- Let Diego be your second name, and that of your children;
- "No ser cabeza de termo y que no se te escape la tortuga." (Meaning "don't be a hothead and don't let the turtle escape you")
They are like brute beasts that have no understanding.
Many Argentinians have not responded kindly to the idea of Maradona as god. After Maradona's drug problems some feel insulted when the famous football player is seen as a national symbol, and the fact that he is also seen as a son of god makes things worse.
Extremist blasphemy and idolatry
According to the word of the church, ‘football is the religion and, like all religions, has a god. The god of football is Argentine and his name is Diego Armando Maradona.’
A mundane god
Is Diego Maradona a homosexual?
Watch full film: The Church of Maradona - Argentina
This is based on sorcery.
The golden calf of the nations
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”